Since 1979, the Tom Reim Agency has served North Dakota and surrounding areas with insurance and financial services structured to meet your goals. Discover a policy that can protect you and your family during your working years, retirement years, and the legacy you leave behind. One single policy provides:
Cash value life insurance can provide a valuable tax-free* death benefit to your beneficiaries in the event of a premature death. Plus, you may be able to accelerate those benefits for your individual needs including Nursing Home, Assisted Living or Long-Term Care expenses.
The rising costs of long-term care needs has many people wondering if their "rainy day" fund will be enough. Instead of self funding, it's possible to have coverage that gives you the flexibility of a death benefit and long-term care coverage with one premium.
A properly structured and funded policy may provide a source of tax-free* supplemental retirement income if you outlive your other sources (qualified plans, pension benefits, etc.)
Whether you own a business that you would like to transfer to the next generation or you want to ensure your family is financially secure, flexible premium cash value life insurance can help create the legacy you intended.
When your legacy is land, it's critical to work with someone who understands how to establish a successful succession plan for farmers and ranchers. Being able to pass the home, business, and lifestyle onto the next generation at retirement or death requires the right kind of planning. Often this involves strategic estate planning and life insurance coverage.
Some typical questions we help farm and ranch families answer are:
- How can I transfer my farm or ranch to my children?
- Is it possible to transfer my farm or ranch to my children but limit the potential estate tax liability?
- How can I avoid my farm or ranch being sold in order to pay estate taxes?
- How can I transfer my farm or ranch to a family member active in the operation without disinheriting those who are not?
- Can estate taxes be deferred until the death of my surviving spouse?
- Is there a way to keep my estate family-owned?
- How can I protect my family and farm or ranch from my own long-term care costs?
Some typical questions we help small businesses with :
- How can I transfer my business to a family member active in the business without disinheriting those who are not?
- How can I retain an income from my small business for my retirement?
- How can I avoid my business being sold in order to pay estate taxes?
- Is there a way to defer the payment of federal estate taxes at my death?
- How can I protect my family and business in case of my own long-term care costs?
Tom has been working with families since 1979. He has held his Securities License since 1991. Throughout his career, he helped families plan their financial future and now enjoys meeting with the children that were just babies decades ago. When not in the office, you can find him on the golf course or spending time with his wife Mary, their grown children and grandchildren.
Bill is a licensed Insurance Agent and joined the Tom Reim Agency in 2020. Bill enjoys building a wider net of personal relationships and all things family. When not working, he spends his time with his two children and his wife Brittani.
*This material is not intended to be used, nor can it be used by any taxpayers, for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state, or local tax penalties. This material is written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed by this material. The Tom Reim Agency does not provide tax, accounting or legal advice. Any taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor or attorney.
2718 Gateway Avenue, Bismarck, North Dakota 58503, United States
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday - Sunday: By appointment